Man arrested on suspicion of raping stepdaughter
The Jakarta Post
The Tangerang Police have arrested a 58-year-old man on suspicion of raping his 15-year-old stepdaughter at his house in Sindang Jaya last Thursday.
“Yes, we have arrested him. He often became aroused when watching his stepdaughter preparing to shower,” the head of the criminal division of the Pasar Kemis Police, First Insp. Ferdo Elfianto, said on Wednesday as quoted by kompas.com.
The suspect also allegedly raped the victim on Aug. 15.
Ferdo said the victim was suffering psychological trauma because of the incident.
“We, along with relevant agencies, will offer trauma counseling to help her heal psychologically,” he said.
The suspect is likely be charged under Law No. 35/2014 on child protection, which carries maximum punishment of 15 years’ imprisonment. (gis)
- Own up to mass Muslim detentions, Amnesty tells China
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- Mount Anak Krakatau erupts, ‘caution’ status maintained
- Insight: New development pathway for Indonesia
- Flights not yet affected by Mt. Anak Krakatau eruption, authorities say
- Journalist murdered in Mexico, ninth of 2018
- Brotherhood chief, 65 others get life for Egypt attack
- Huawei gives free power banks to people queuing for new iPhone
- Nike-Kaepernick: A marriage of ideals?
- Death of Persija fan at hands of Persib hooligans sparks outrage