Part of Jakarta-Cikampek toll road to be closed every evening
The Jakarta Post
State-owned toll road operator PT Jasa Marga will start installing girders for the Caman Raya Bridge project at the KM 9+100 point of the Jakarta-Cikampek toll road starting on Wednesday evening.
The installation will take place daily between 11 p.m. and 4 a.m. until Sept. 5.
During that time, several lanes of the road will be closed, according to Jakarta-Cikampek toll road traffic management deputy general manager Cece Kosasi.
“It is not a total [road] closure; only a lane reduction during the installation process from 11 p.m. onward,” Cece said on Tuesday as quoted by kompas.com.
He added that the closure of one or two lanes at midnight would not be a major problem for road users, as the installation process would be conducted step-by-step both in the direction toward Jakarta and toward Bandung.
Jasa Marga has apologized any inconvenience, Cece said, and suggested that drivers take alternative roads if they were worried about getting stuck in traffic jams as a result of the closures.
The Caman Bridge project was initiated by the Bekasi government in West Java. (gis)
- Warding off Lembu Sora’s curse at Mt. Kelud crater
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- India launches 'Modicare', world's biggest health scheme
- Mount Anak Krakatau erupts, ‘caution’ status maintained
- One year on, far right has transformed German politics
- Insight: New development pathway for Indonesia
- China's bullet trains are coming for Hong Kong's airlines
- Militants attack Iran army parade killing civilians: state media
- Attempt to send underage prostitutes to Bali ends at airport: Police
- Brotherhood chief, 65 others get life for Egypt attack