1,400 Jakarta land assets lack certificates: Councillor
The Jakarta Post
The city administration owns 1,400 land assets that lack certificates, a city councillor has revealed.
The administration owns roughly 2,900 land assets, but only 1,500 have certificates, said a member of Jakarta Legislative Council (DPRD) Commission C overseeing finance, Cinta Mega.
Mega has called on Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan to obtain certificates for the 1,400 land assets from the National Land Agency. “Don’t let any legal conflicts happen over land assets that clearly belong to the administration,” she said on Thursday as quoted by tempo.co.
The Jakarta Police recently named Jakarta Water Resources Agency head Teguh Hendrawan a suspect for trespassing and damaging disputed land in Cakung Timur, East Jakarta, that has been earmarked for a reservoir construction project.
Last year, local resident Felix Tirtawidjaja reported Teguh for trespassing on what he claimed to be his property in Rawa Rotan. Teguh, who did not know Felix, said the land belonged to the city and was registered with the Jakarta Tax and Levy Board as such.
The city is currently processing the certification of the land on which the reservoir is being built, while the Jakarta Assets Management Body and the National Land Agency were working on assessing other land assets for certification, said the assets management body head, Achmad Firdaus.
The city will also secure the assets by installing signs and building fences around them, Firdaus added. (stu)
- A father’s love: Wiranto explains why his daughter wears niqab
- Ed Sheeran on BTS: ‘I think they are great’
- 6 kg of garbage found in dead whale's stomach in Wakatobi
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- Foreign investors allowed to own 100% shares in 25 business units
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- BLACKPINK’s Jennie sets records with ‘Solo’ videos
- Afghan refugees stage protest in Medan, asking to be sent to Oz, US
- Whale shark seen in Jakarta Bay
- Jokowi won't grant Nuril amnesty