1,400 Jakarta land assets lack certificates: Councillor
The Jakarta Post
The city administration owns 1,400 land assets that lack certificates, a city councillor has revealed.
The administration owns roughly 2,900 land assets, but only 1,500 have certificates, said a member of Jakarta Legislative Council (DPRD) Commission C overseeing finance, Cinta Mega.
Mega has called on Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan to obtain certificates for the 1,400 land assets from the National Land Agency. “Don’t let any legal conflicts happen over land assets that clearly belong to the administration,” she said on Thursday as quoted by tempo.co.
The Jakarta Police recently named Jakarta Water Resources Agency head Teguh Hendrawan a suspect for trespassing and damaging disputed land in Cakung Timur, East Jakarta, that has been earmarked for a reservoir construction project.
Last year, local resident Felix Tirtawidjaja reported Teguh for trespassing on what he claimed to be his property in Rawa Rotan. Teguh, who did not know Felix, said the land belonged to the city and was registered with the Jakarta Tax and Levy Board as such.
The city is currently processing the certification of the land on which the reservoir is being built, while the Jakarta Assets Management Body and the National Land Agency were working on assessing other land assets for certification, said the assets management body head, Achmad Firdaus.
The city will also secure the assets by installing signs and building fences around them, Firdaus added. (stu)
- 'Cek Toko Sebelah' to be screened in Chinese cinemas
- New bombshell revives debate on Trump fitness for office
- US court rules for Colorado 'intersex' veteran denied passport
- Militants attack Iran army parade killing civilians: state media
- Warding off Lembu Sora’s curse at Mt. Kelud crater
- US sanctions Chinese military unit for buying Russian jets, missiles
- Groups welcome Jokowi’s palm plantation moratorium
- Truck full of bodies draws Mexicans searching for relatives
- Jokowi imposes moratorium on palm oil plantations
- Trump outburst over Kavanaugh's female accuser sparks hashtag trend