Asian Games: Chinese Taipei sweeps up roller skate gold medals
The Jakarta Post
Chinese Taipei won all of the roller skating gold medals in Friday’s final round at Jakabaring Sports City, Palembang in South Sumatra.
Chao Tsucheng claimed the men’s gold, while Li Mengchu earned gold in the women’s 20-kilometer road race.
Chao, who clocked in at 33:51.418 minutes, defeated top-seeded South Korean skaters Choi Gwangho and Son Geunseong who grabbed silver and bronze, respectively.
Li finished, who finished in a time of 44:50,929, beat China’s Guo Dan by 0.063 seconds.
Indonesia roller skater Andrianto Muhammad Oky ended seventh in a time of 33:55.81.
Chao said he was happy to defeat the two seeded skaters. This win, he added, meant so much to him ahead of the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
“This win has been a great boost to my preparations for the upcoming Olympics.”
When asked about the hot weather, Chao said he had no problem with the weather because it was similar back home.
Aside from the gold medals, Chinese Taipei’s Yang Hochen also grabbed a bronze medal in the women’s 20-kilometer road race in a time of 44:51.168.
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- ‘I’m just ordinary man now’: Setya collects debts from friends to pay restitutio...
- Car hits pedestrians outside UK mosque in suspected hate crime
- Indonesia exports religious take on family planning
- Woodward's Trump book sells 1.1 million in first week
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Makassar mother named child abuse suspect
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves
- Instant Noodle Longform
- Record $27.5 mn settlement in NY Catholic child sex abuse case