Jakarta has 7.2 million eligible voters for 2019 election, KPU says
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta General Elections Commission (KPU Jakarta) says there are 7.2 million eligible voters on the final voters list (DPT) for the 2019 legislative election.
The commission had received feedback from the public about dealing with invalid and double data, KPU Jakarta planning and data division head Partono said on Friday.
The data shows that the number of registered voters in the six municipalities and one regency amounted to 7,211,891, with 3,596,640 being male and 3,615,251 female.
Included on the DPT are mental health patients at social institutions and prison inmates.
“The inmates whose identity card and family card numbers were verified have been put on the final voter list according to their original address,” Partono told kompas.com on Friday, adding that there were 967 inmates on the final voter list.
Inmates from outside the region will be put on the additional voter list.
“Mental health patients registered on the final voter list are those who have been recommended by their doctors,” said KPU Jakarta head Betty Epsilon Idroos. “There will be three polling stations at social institutions in East Jakarta and one in West Jakarta.”
Jakarta is set to have 28,243 polling stations. (stu)
- Jokowi’s surprise for Korea
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Palm oil waste-fueled generators produce electricity in Kutai
- Semen Indonesia acquires Holcim Indonesia
- Merpati escapes bankruptcy, but no guarantee it will fly again
- Bank Indonesia hikes rate to 6 percent
- Next US House foreign affairs chief vows to check Trump, warns Russia
- Prabowo plans Singapore-like taxes for Indonesia
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Lion Air passengers change planes because of broken AC