Jokowi to watch Asian Games closing ceremony with Lombok quake survivors
The Jakarta Post
President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo has announced that he will not be attending the 2018 Asian Games closing ceremony on Sunday.
Instead, Vice President Jusuf Kalla will lead the regional sporting event closing ceremony.
Jokowi said that he would not be able to attend the closing ceremony because he has to visit Lombok earthquake survivors in West Nusa Tenggara (NTB). However, he will watch the event on television with the people of Lombok.
Since the earthquakes hit the province, Jokowi has visited NTB twice, the first time in late July and the second time in mid-August.
"I will be going to Lombok on Sunday morning and I'll watch it together with the Lombok people," he said on Saturday as quoted by tempo.co.
Jokowi became the talk of town at the Games opening ceremony following the release of a video that appeared to show him arriving on a motorcycle. (ris)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Jokowi’s surprise for Korea
- UGM considers expelling alleged sexual abuser amid public pressure
- Merpati escapes bankruptcy, but no guarantee it will fly again
- Prabowo plans Singapore-like taxes for Indonesia
- Jokowi ratifies seven trade agreements
- Lion Air: a deadly crash and a whole lot of questions for Boeing
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Trump fires senior advisor at start of expected White House reshuffle
- Indonesia records US$1.82 billion trade deficit in October