Motorcycle gang allegedly kills teenager in S. Jakarta
The Jakarta Post
A 16-year-old was allegedly killed by a motorcycle gang in Kebayoran, South Jakarta, on Saturday morning. The motive behind the assault remains unknown.
The victim, AH, died of stab wounds after he was reportedly attacked by at least 10 members of an unidentified motorcycle gang on Jl. Soepeno at 4:40 a.m., tribunnews.com reported.
AH was riding his motorbike with a friend, identified as RS, at the time of the incident. They were traveling from Blok M in South Jakarta to Kebon Jeruk in West Jakarta when they were allegedly ambushed, said Jakarta Police spokesman Sr. Comr. Argo Yuwono.
“They had just crossed the Permata Hijau overpass [in South Jakarta], when the gang attacked them,” Argo said on Sunday as quoted by tribunnews.com.
Both AH and RS fell off their bike and the gang members began to stab AH, according to Argo.
RS survived the incident as he had fled the scene. RS went back to check on AH after the gang had left.
AH was immediately rushed to Medika Permata Hijau Hospital, where he subsequently died from his injuries.
The Kebayoran Lama Police are still investigating the motive behind the attack, Argo said. (vla/ipa)
- Own up to mass Muslim detentions, Amnesty tells China
- Warding off Lembu Sora’s curse at Mt. Kelud crater
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- Mount Anak Krakatau erupts, ‘caution’ status maintained
- India launches 'Modicare', world's biggest health scheme
- Insight: New development pathway for Indonesia
- One year on, far right has transformed German politics
- China's bullet trains are coming for Hong Kong's airlines
- Militants attack Iran army parade killing civilians: state media
- Attempt to send underage prostitutes to Bali ends at airport: Police