Police nab youngsters carrying machetes in Depok
The Jakarta Post
The police arrested several youngsters suspected of wanting to start a brawl in front of SMA 6 state senior high school on Jl. Raya Meruyung, Limo, Depok, West Java, on Sunday night and confiscated traditional machetes they were carrying.
“Initially, we received information from local residents at 3 a.m. about a group of youngsters loitering on the side of the road, looking like they wanted to start a brawl,” Limo Police chief Comr. Muhamad Iskandar said on Monday, kompas.com reported.
He said the patrolling police officers approached the youngsters, some of whom then fled the scene.
“There were more than a hundred youngsters loitering. After we walked over to them, they ran away, so we could only bring 13 of them to the police headquarters for questioning,” Iskandar said.
He said most of the youngsters were senior high school students.
The police confiscated six machetes from the 13 detained youngsters, he added.
“We found six [machetes], but when we questioned the 13 students, none of them admitted that the [machetes] were theirs,” he said.
He said police had asked the students to write statements not to become involved in any brawls, supervised by their schoolteachers and parents.
“We made them write a statement to not become involved in any brawl; if we find that they are in a brawl, we will have to arrest them,” he said. (ami)
- Warding off Lembu Sora’s curse at Mt. Kelud crater
- Militants attack Iran army parade killing civilians: state media
- New bombshell revives debate on Trump fitness for office
- Truck full of bodies draws Mexicans searching for relatives
- Top Muhammadiyah figure resigns as Jokowi’s special envoy
- Trump outburst over Kavanaugh's female accuser sparks hashtag trend
- First to red planet will become Martians: Canada astronaut
- One year on, far right has transformed German politics
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Police probe new drug rape claims against US doctor, girlfriend