Indonesia to team up with Seychelles on family welfare development
The Jakarta Post
Indonesia’s National Population and Family Planning Board (BKKBN) recently met its counterparts from the Seychelles to explore cooperation in family welfare development.
An Indonesian delegation led by Muhammad Rizal Martua Damanik was received by Seychelles Vice President Vincent Meriton at the Presidential Palace in Victoria, Mahe, Seychelles, on Monday.
At the meeting, both parties discussed areas to forge bilateral cooperation, like the establishment of a center of excellence in the field of family welfare development.
“The bilateral cooperation is not only meant to support [family welfare] development between the two countries, it is also aims to cater to the interests of other countries, especially in the east and south of Africa thanks to the Seychelles’ strategic location in the region,” the BKKBN said in a statement.
As a follow-up to the meeting, the two governments were scheduled to sign a memorandum of understanding during the upcoming International Conference on South-South and Triangular Cooperation in Denpasar, Bali, from Sept. 18 to 20, it added.
Indonesia has been playing an active role in south-south cooperation since 1955 when it hosted the first south-south cooperation framework as part of the Asian-African Conference in Bandung, West Java.
Among the Indonesian delegates taking part in the meeting in the Seychelles were the BKKBN's planning head, Siti Fathonah, and Foreign Ministry cooperation head Ukik Kusuma. (dmr)
- Boeing ‘confident’ in 737 MAX safety despite aircraft flaw
- Christian school rumor leads to closure of vocational academy in Batam
- Pence says US to partner in Papua New Guinea military base
- US politician stands to win election by one vote
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Sexual harassment victim ordered to start prison sentence next week
- Number of missing in California fire soars past 1,000 as Trump set to visit
- From Chanel to Gucci: Korean women turn into designer rent-a-holics
- After Gabo book purge, Kuwait bans Dostoyevsky
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know