Indonesia to team up with Seychelles on family welfare development
The Jakarta Post
Indonesia’s National Population and Family Planning Board (BKKBN) recently met its counterparts from the Seychelles to explore cooperation in family welfare development.
An Indonesian delegation led by Muhammad Rizal Martua Damanik was received by Seychelles Vice President Vincent Meriton at the Presidential Palace in Victoria, Mahe, Seychelles, on Monday.
At the meeting, both parties discussed areas to forge bilateral cooperation, like the establishment of a center of excellence in the field of family welfare development.
“The bilateral cooperation is not only meant to support [family welfare] development between the two countries, it is also aims to cater to the interests of other countries, especially in the east and south of Africa thanks to the Seychelles’ strategic location in the region,” the BKKBN said in a statement.
As a follow-up to the meeting, the two governments were scheduled to sign a memorandum of understanding during the upcoming International Conference on South-South and Triangular Cooperation in Denpasar, Bali, from Sept. 18 to 20, it added.
Indonesia has been playing an active role in south-south cooperation since 1955 when it hosted the first south-south cooperation framework as part of the Asian-African Conference in Bandung, West Java.
Among the Indonesian delegates taking part in the meeting in the Seychelles were the BKKBN's planning head, Siti Fathonah, and Foreign Ministry cooperation head Ukik Kusuma. (dmr)
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- ‘I’m just ordinary man now’: Setya collects debts from friends to pay restitutio...
- Car hits pedestrians outside UK mosque in suspected hate crime
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Indonesia exports religious take on family planning
- Woodward's Trump book sells 1.1 million in first week
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves
- Balinale set to return with award-winning movies, guests
- Instant Noodle Longform