CCTV camera records man stealing charity money from mosque in South Jakarta
The Jakarta Post
Footage showing a man allegedly stealing money from charity boxes at Al Mujahidin Mosque in Kalibata, Pancoran, South Jakarta, went viral.
The CCTV footage, dated Sept. 1, shows that the man entered the empty mosque from a window.
Seorang pria terekam CCTV mencuri uang kotak amal di lantai 1 dan 2 Masjid Al Mujahidin Kalibata Utara, Pancoran, Jakarta Selatan. Dalam video ini terlihat, pria itu nekat memanjat pintu yang berada di bagian depan. Kemudian ia naik ke lantai 2 dan membongkar uang di kotak amal. #pencurian #maling #malingkotakamal #pancoran #jakartaselatan #riweuh #riweuh_id
He looked around and approached the box on the first floor. The man then went to the second floor and tried to open the charity box.
Pancoran Police chief Comr. Budi said the police had received a report about the case on Wednesday.
“We are still looking for the alleged thief and his identity. Witnesses said they didn’t know who the man was,” Budi said on Thursday.
Budi added that the mosque caretakers did not know how much money had been taken by the alleged thief. (cal)
- Jokowi’s surprise for Korea
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- US politician stands to win election by one vote
- Sexual harassment victim ordered to start prison sentence next week
- Semen Indonesia acquires Holcim Indonesia
- Palm oil waste-fueled generators produce electricity in Kutai
- Merpati escapes bankruptcy, but no guarantee it will fly again
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Prabowo plans Singapore-like taxes for Indonesia
- Bank Indonesia hikes rate to 6 percent