Stage, sound system available for use for free at Monas every weekend
The Jakarta Post
The National Monument (Monas) management unit announced on Monday that it had prepared a stage and installed a sound system for the public to use free of charge every afternoon on weekends.
The unit head Munjirin said any artists or residents of Jakarta would be allowed to perform art and cultural events at Monas every weekend from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. free of charge.
“Jakartans who have talent in arts and culture are welcome. But they should register first,” he said as quoted by kompas.com.
Those who want to use the stage can send a request to the Monas management unit through a letter or via phone (+6221-3822255). The management unit would arrange the schedule and notify the artists afterwards.
The artists, however, should bring their own equipment.
Munjirin said the free stage and sound system were aimed at giving people the opportunity to perform and show their skills in a public place as well as providing more spots in the Monas area for entertainment. (vla)
- Own up to mass Muslim detentions, Amnesty tells China
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- Instagram co-founders step down from company: NYT
- China says can't hold US trade talks with 'knife to the throat'
- K-Pop stars BTS at UN urge world's youth to 'just speak yourself'
- 'Scandal' website portrays Sandiaga Uno as womanizer
- Iran in the spotlight as Trump, Rouhani set for UN clash
- The Indonesian kid who stirs the Hollywood Bowl: Malea Emma Tjandrawidjaja
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Transjakarta bus crashes to avoid hitting street sweeper