Putin, Xi flip pancakes at Russian economic forum
Russian President Vladimir Putin and China's Xi Jinping on Tuesday took a break from the heavy lifting of international diplomacy to toss pancakes on the sidelines of an economic forum.
Xi is one of the big names at the event in the Russian far eastern city of Vladivostok, where the focus has been on economic ties and North Korea.
But the two leaders found time to flip blini on "Far East Street", an exhibition of the region's cultural and economic achievements.
Путин и Си испекли по блину: Президент России и глава Китая вышли на Улицу Дальнего Востока pic.twitter.com/mKrBlyMzLh— Дмитрий Смирнов (@dimsmirnov175) September 11, 2018
Photos showed Putin and Xi, wearing blue aprons, pouring out batter and turning the pancakes over before eating them with caviar and a shot of vodka.
The pair earlier in the day praised their countries' increasingly close ties, with Xi saying their "friendship was getting stronger all the time".
This is not Putin and Xi's first foray into batter-based cooking. During a visit to China in June, the Russian leader made a Chinese pancake which Xi tried.
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- Creator of 3-D printed guns flies to Taiwan amid US sex assault accusation
- Balinale set to return with award-winning movies, guests
- Malaysia ex-PM faces 21 new charges over 1MDB scandal
- BMKG warns of heavy rains, high waves as Typhoon Mangkhut ends
- 'Asia Sentinel' apologizes to Yudhoyono, Dems
- Five destinations to be developed into one geopark
- Indonesians ready to embrace cashless future
- Tourism Ministry declares five dishes national food
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world