Putin, Xi flip pancakes at Russian economic forum
Russian President Vladimir Putin and China's Xi Jinping on Tuesday took a break from the heavy lifting of international diplomacy to toss pancakes on the sidelines of an economic forum.
Xi is one of the big names at the event in the Russian far eastern city of Vladivostok, where the focus has been on economic ties and North Korea.
But the two leaders found time to flip blini on "Far East Street", an exhibition of the region's cultural and economic achievements.
Путин и Си испекли по блину: Президент России и глава Китая вышли на Улицу Дальнего Востока pic.twitter.com/mKrBlyMzLh— Дмитрий Смирнов (@dimsmirnov175) September 11, 2018
Photos showed Putin and Xi, wearing blue aprons, pouring out batter and turning the pancakes over before eating them with caviar and a shot of vodka.
The pair earlier in the day praised their countries' increasingly close ties, with Xi saying their "friendship was getting stronger all the time".
This is not Putin and Xi's first foray into batter-based cooking. During a visit to China in June, the Russian leader made a Chinese pancake which Xi tried.
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Jokowi’s surprise for Korea
- UGM considers expelling alleged sexual abuser amid public pressure
- Merpati escapes bankruptcy, but no guarantee it will fly again
- Prabowo plans Singapore-like taxes for Indonesia
- Jokowi ratifies seven trade agreements
- Lion Air: a deadly crash and a whole lot of questions for Boeing
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Trump fires senior advisor at start of expected White House reshuffle
- Indonesia records US$1.82 billion trade deficit in October