65-year-old man accused of raping toddlers in South Jakarta
The Jakarta Post
The South Jakarta Police arrested a 65-year-old man, a casual worker identified only as AS, after he was accused of raping two toddlers in Kebayoran Lama, South Jakarta.
The father of a 4-year-old told the police that his daughter complained about bodily pain at home on Saturday.
“When questioned by the father, the child told him that she had been raped by AS,” South Jakarta Police crime investigation unit head Adj. Sr. Comr. Stefanus Tamuntuan said as quoted by kompas.com on Tuesday.
AS, who is single, reportedly admitted he had not only raped the 4-year-old, but also her 6-year-old cousin.
He lived in a house near the children.
“He confessed that his motive was just desire,” the head of South Jakarta Police’s women and children protection unit head Adj. Comr. Nunu Suparmi said.
Law No. 35/2014 on child protection carries a maximum punishment of 15 years imprisonment. (srz)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- No nutrients lost in rendang despite long cooking period, research says
- Bali authority denies report on JE viral infection outbreak
- Basarnas ends search for Lion Air crash victims
- Anti-LGBT sentiment rises ahead of elections
- Lion Air crash: 'I’m sure dad could swim his way out and survive the crash'
- Singapore Airlines to move to Soekarno-Hatta airport Terminal 3
- When Jokowi’s ‘other women’ let their hair down
- 5 ways to increase your lung capacity