65-year-old man accused of raping toddlers in South Jakarta
The Jakarta Post
The South Jakarta Police arrested a 65-year-old man, a casual worker identified only as AS, after he was accused of raping two toddlers in Kebayoran Lama, South Jakarta.
The father of a 4-year-old told the police that his daughter complained about bodily pain at home on Saturday.
“When questioned by the father, the child told him that she had been raped by AS,” South Jakarta Police crime investigation unit head Adj. Sr. Comr. Stefanus Tamuntuan said as quoted by kompas.com on Tuesday.
AS, who is single, reportedly admitted he had not only raped the 4-year-old, but also her 6-year-old cousin.
He lived in a house near the children.
“He confessed that his motive was just desire,” the head of South Jakarta Police’s women and children protection unit head Adj. Comr. Nunu Suparmi said.
Law No. 35/2014 on child protection carries a maximum punishment of 15 years imprisonment. (srz)
- ‘I’m just ordinary man now’: Setya collects debts from friends to pay restitutio...
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Trump hits China with tariffs on another $200b in goods
- Florence death toll jumps to 31 as flooding wreaks havoc
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Prosecutors call for Jambi rape victim to be punished to deter abortion
- Indonesia exports religious take on family planning
- Indonesia must improve its e-government