House fire kills three children in Bogor
The Jakarta Post
Three children died after a blaze engulfed a house in Batulayang village in Cisarua, Bogor, West Java, on Wednesday.
The fire started at around noon, Bogor Police spokesperson Adj. Comr. Ita Puspita Lena said.
The children, aged between 2 and 3, were allegedly playing with matches in one of the bedrooms after coming home from mosque.
One of the lit matches fell on a bed and it sparked a flame that quickly spread to the rest of the house, which belonged to Enjun Junaidi who was still at the mosque.
Neighbors tried unsuccessfully to extinguish the fire and rescue the children.
Maman, a 57-year-old resident, said one victim was found on the floor, while the other two were huddled in a corner of the room.
The victims were taken to a hospital in Ciawi, Bogor. (stu)
- A father’s love: Wiranto explains why his daughter wears niqab
- BLACKPINK’s Jennie sets records with ‘Solo’ videos
- 6 kg of garbage found in dead whale's stomach in Wakatobi
- Jokowi won't grant Nuril amnesty
- Ed Sheeran on BTS: ‘I think they are great’
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- Indonesia mosques spreading radicalism to government workers: Official
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- AirAsia to move international operations to Soekarno-Hatta airport Terminal 2
- Palm oil industry calls on govt to take 'firm' action against Greenpeace