JCI weakens 0.57 percent to 5,798
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Composite Index (JCI) weakened 0.57 percent, or 32.97 points, to 5,798.15 at the end of Wednesday’s trading.
The decline was caused by the weakening of shares from six sectors, three of which were financial (1.99 percent), basic industry (1.13 percent) and diversified industry (0.45 percent).
However, the shares of four sectors strengthened. They were plantations (2.12 percent), mining (1.02 percent), consumer goods (0.49 percent) and construction (0.03 percent).
Transactions at the Indonesia Stock Exchange hit 9.18 billion shares worth Rp 7.2 trillion (US$486.29 million).
Kontan.co.id. reported that although the JCI declined on Wednesday, the prices of 207 shares increased, 180 shares decreased and 117 shares were stagnant.
The top three losers from the LQ45 were PT Chandra Asri Petrochemical (-5.1 percent), PT Surya Citra Media (-4.27 percent) and PT Media Nusantara Citra (-4.02 percent), while the three top gainers were PT AKR Corporindo (7.06 percent), PT Bukit Asam (5.91 percent) and PT BPD Jawa Barat (2.63 percent).
Foreign investors recorded a net sell of Rp 682.67 billion. The largest foreign net sales involved the shares of PT Bank Central Asia (Rp 208.1 billion), PT Bank Rakyat Indonesia (Rp 141.2 billion) and PT Telekomunikasi Indonesia (Rp 127.2 billion).
Meanwhile, the shares with the largest net purchases involved PT Bukit Asam (Rp 73.2 billion), PT Unilever Indonesia (Rp 42.9 billion) and PT Sinar Mas Multiartha (Rp 32.8 billion). (bbn)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- No nutrients lost in rendang despite long cooking period, research says
- Bali authority denies report on JE viral infection outbreak
- Basarnas ends search for Lion Air crash victims
- Anti-LGBT sentiment rises ahead of elections
- Lion Air crash: 'I’m sure dad could swim his way out and survive the crash'
- Singapore Airlines to move to Soekarno-Hatta airport Terminal 3
- When Jokowi’s ‘other women’ let their hair down
- 5 ways to increase your lung capacity