Show 'em how it's done: Jokowi teaches Super Junior new moves
The Jakarta Post
President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo and First Lady Iriana Widodo took some time during their state visit to South Korea on Monday to teach boyband Super Junior his signature rowing dance.
In a video uploaded by Super Junior’s Yesung to his Instagram page, the members of the boyband are seen wearing full suits. They later introduce themselves in English and Korean to Jokowi and Iriana.
During the meeting at Lotte Hotel in Junggu, Seoul, Jokowi handed the band members a repackaged version of SuJu’s second album, Replay, and asked them to sign it. Lucky for him, they had already prepared a signed copy of their album for the President.
“We heard [the Indonesians] like your rowing dance, so our member went on stage and did it. They really liked it,” Lee Teuk said in Korean, referring to Donghae’s rowing dance during their performance at the 2018 Asian Games closing ceremony on Sep. 2.
Jokowi then taught them the “proper” way to do the dance, which had been the talk of the town after he presented it spontaneously during Via Vallen’s performance of “Meraih Bintang” (reaching the star) at the Asian Games opening ceremony.
Not only did the dance go viral in Indonesia, his dance even reached Korea, when Eunhyuk and Donghae tried to imitate it in an interview with KBS World Indonesia Radio and promised they would include the dance in the closing ceremony. (ris)
- 17 missing students in North Sumatra flood rescued
- Seoul Fashion Week ready for kickoff
- 19 killed, dozens missing in floods striking N. Sumatra
- NTT to move immigrants to island near Australia
- #UninstallGojek trends after executive shows support for LGBT community
- Thousands march in Chicago against Trump's 'anti-woman agenda'
- Netherlands appeals court ruling that finds it liable for Indonesian's torture
- Floods, landslide kill nine in West Sumatra, Riau
- US wants "regime change" in Iran: Rouhani
- KPK urged to be resolute in solving IndonesiaLeaks report case