Show 'em how it's done: Jokowi teaches Super Junior new moves
The Jakarta Post
President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo and First Lady Iriana Widodo took some time during their state visit to South Korea on Monday to teach boyband Super Junior his signature rowing dance.
In a video uploaded by Super Junior’s Yesung to his Instagram page, the members of the boyband are seen wearing full suits. They later introduce themselves in English and Korean to Jokowi and Iriana.
During the meeting at Lotte Hotel in Junggu, Seoul, Jokowi handed the band members a repackaged version of SuJu’s second album, Replay, and asked them to sign it. Lucky for him, they had already prepared a signed copy of their album for the President.
“We heard [the Indonesians] like your rowing dance, so our member went on stage and did it. They really liked it,” Lee Teuk said in Korean, referring to Donghae’s rowing dance during their performance at the 2018 Asian Games closing ceremony on Sep. 2.
Jokowi then taught them the “proper” way to do the dance, which had been the talk of the town after he presented it spontaneously during Via Vallen’s performance of “Meraih Bintang” (reaching the star) at the Asian Games opening ceremony.
Not only did the dance go viral in Indonesia, his dance even reached Korea, when Eunhyuk and Donghae tried to imitate it in an interview with KBS World Indonesia Radio and promised they would include the dance in the closing ceremony. (ris)
- Surfer severely mauled by shark in Australia
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Jakarta sinking fast: Experts
- Hummingbirds thrive at innovative Mexico gardens
- They played dead on the ground: Survivor recounts OPM massacre
- Prabowo answers all your burning questions in his little blue book
- Women accuse famous Brazil spiritual 'healer' of sex abuse
- Don’t panic: Indonesian ‘cendol’ different from Singaporean ‘cendol’
- Garuda Indonesia takes passengers on trip to 1980s
- Why do we feel sleepy after eating a meal?