Driver hits transportation agency officer in escape attempt
The Jakarta Post
The driver of a public minivan, Prasetio, 16, was forced to face the music when he hit a Jakarta Transportation Agency officer he tried to evade.
The officer, Arief Kurnianto, sustained an injury to his right hand.
“When I asked him to stop, he tried to drive away and hit me. His car’s window was damaged,” Arief said on Thursday as quoted by kompas.com.
Prasetio also hit a motorcycle owned by the agency as well as several ojek (motorcycle taxis) while trying to escape from the scene, Arief added.
His attempted escape was foiled by a traffic jam under the Cawang overpass.
According to Arief, Prasetio -- a resident of Banten -- said he tried to escape from the scene because he was scared.
He said he regretted his act and promised not to repeat it in the future, Arief said.
The officers punished Prasetio by asking him to do push-ups.
On Thursday, the agency raided vehicles parked around Duren Kalibata Station, the Kalibata City apartment complex and the House of Representatives complex.
The officers towed seven cars away and deflated the tires of 10 motorcycles during the raid. (cal)
- ‘I’m just ordinary man now’: Setya collects debts from friends to pay restitutio...
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Car hits pedestrians outside UK mosque in suspected hate crime
- Trump hits China with tariffs on another $200b in goods
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Florence death toll jumps to 31 as flooding wreaks havoc
- Indonesia exports religious take on family planning
- Prosecutors call for Jambi rape victim to be punished to deter abortion