Driver hits transportation agency officer in escape attempt
The Jakarta Post
The driver of a public minivan, Prasetio, 16, was forced to face the music when he hit a Jakarta Transportation Agency officer he tried to evade.
The officer, Arief Kurnianto, sustained an injury to his right hand.
“When I asked him to stop, he tried to drive away and hit me. His car’s window was damaged,” Arief said on Thursday as quoted by kompas.com.
Prasetio also hit a motorcycle owned by the agency as well as several ojek (motorcycle taxis) while trying to escape from the scene, Arief added.
His attempted escape was foiled by a traffic jam under the Cawang overpass.
According to Arief, Prasetio -- a resident of Banten -- said he tried to escape from the scene because he was scared.
He said he regretted his act and promised not to repeat it in the future, Arief said.
The officers punished Prasetio by asking him to do push-ups.
On Thursday, the agency raided vehicles parked around Duren Kalibata Station, the Kalibata City apartment complex and the House of Representatives complex.
The officers towed seven cars away and deflated the tires of 10 motorcycles during the raid. (cal)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- No nutrients lost in rendang despite long cooking period, research says
- Bali authority denies report on JE viral infection outbreak
- Basarnas ends search for Lion Air crash victims
- Anti-LGBT sentiment rises ahead of elections
- Lion Air crash: 'I’m sure dad could swim his way out and survive the crash'
- Singapore Airlines to move to Soekarno-Hatta airport Terminal 3
- When Jokowi’s ‘other women’ let their hair down
- 5 ways to increase your lung capacity