House renovation program discontinued
The Jakarta Post
A home renovation program that started in 2017 through the corporate social responsibility scheme of several private companies will not be continued this year.
“We haven’t received a proposal [from private companies] to make such a program, while the city’s budget will not be able to cover it,” Jakarta Housing and Settlement Agency acting head Meli Budiastuti said on Wednesday as quoted by tribunnews.com.
She added that the agency was currently focusing on a community action plan (CAP) for city's settlement program.
The renovation program started on April 17, 2017, in Cilincing, North Jakarta, and 67 houses have been renovated until September 2017, when the program ended.
Houses that were eligible for renovation were those owned my low-income families.(ami)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- No nutrients lost in rendang despite long cooking period, research says
- Bali authority denies report on JE viral infection outbreak
- Basarnas ends search for Lion Air crash victims
- Anti-LGBT sentiment rises ahead of elections
- Lion Air crash: 'I’m sure dad could swim his way out and survive the crash'
- Singapore Airlines to move to Soekarno-Hatta airport Terminal 3
- When Jokowi’s ‘other women’ let their hair down
- 5 ways to increase your lung capacity