House renovation program discontinued
The Jakarta Post
A home renovation program that started in 2017 through the corporate social responsibility scheme of several private companies will not be continued this year.
“We haven’t received a proposal [from private companies] to make such a program, while the city’s budget will not be able to cover it,” Jakarta Housing and Settlement Agency acting head Meli Budiastuti said on Wednesday as quoted by tribunnews.com.
She added that the agency was currently focusing on a community action plan (CAP) for city's settlement program.
The renovation program started on April 17, 2017, in Cilincing, North Jakarta, and 67 houses have been renovated until September 2017, when the program ended.
Houses that were eligible for renovation were those owned my low-income families.(ami)
- ‘I’m just ordinary man now’: Setya collects debts from friends to pay restitutio...
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Car hits pedestrians outside UK mosque in suspected hate crime
- Trump hits China with tariffs on another $200b in goods
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Florence death toll jumps to 31 as flooding wreaks havoc
- Indonesia exports religious take on family planning
- Prosecutors call for Jambi rape victim to be punished to deter abortion