Indonesian products displayed at 2018 China-ASEAN Expo
The Jakarta Post
Indonesia once again took part in the annual China-ASEAN Expo (CAEXPO) trade event, which this year took place from Wednesday through Friday in Nanning, China, in an ongoing effort to boost exports to the country.
"The Trade Ministry’s participation in CAEXPO is one of its efforts to increase market access to China," the ministry’s export development director general, Arlinda, said as reported by Antara on Thursday.
She said that Indonesia`s regular participation in the event reflected a commitment to establish strong trade cooperation with China and other ASEAN countries
This year, Indonesia presented a commodity pavilion and national pavilion.
The commodity pavilion offered 2,160 square meters of space to 66 Indonesian businesspeople who displayed various products, including furniture, food and beverages, fashion, accessories and jewelry, home decor and consumer goods, as well as herbal and beauty products.
Meanwhile, the national pavilion presented West Sumatra to promote Indonesian cultural diversity, West Sumatra’s tourism, as well as economic, and investment potential, occupying the City of Charm hall of the exhibition venue.
The Trade Ministry also held the Indonesia Trade and Investment Forum on Thursday, with West Sumatra Governor Irwan Prayitno acting as a speaker to promote the province’s trade, investment and tourism.
"We invite visitors of CAEXPO to get to know Indonesia by visiting the two Indonesian pavilions and participating in the Indonesia Trade and Investment Forum," Arlinda added. (bbn)
- Jokowi’s surprise for Korea
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- US politician stands to win election by one vote
- Sexual harassment victim ordered to start prison sentence next week
- Semen Indonesia acquires Holcim Indonesia
- Christian school rumor leads to closure of vocational academy in Batam
- Palm oil waste-fueled generators produce electricity in Kutai
- Merpati escapes bankruptcy, but no guarantee it will fly again
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Prabowo plans Singapore-like taxes for Indonesia