Pancoran flyover closes through Oct. 13 for LRT construction
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Transportation Agency has closed the Pancoran flyover in South Jakarta from Saturday through Oct. 13 for the LRT infrastructure development project.
A U-shaped skeleton and pier head for the LRT's Cawang-Dukuh Atas corridor is currently being installed along the southern section of Jl. Gatot Subroto in front of the Smesco building.
“We are closing the southern and western sections of the Pancoran flyover, the U-turn that heads west and the main stretch heading to Kuningan,” said the agency’s acting head, Sigit Widjatmoko, as quoted by kompas.com on Monday.
The agency was also diverting traffic to ease congestion in the area, and advised vehicles from Cawang, Kalibata and Tebet heading to Kuningan to use Jl. Supomo, Jl. Casablanca and Jl. HR Rasuna Said, or through Jl. Pasar Minggu and Jl. Duren Tiga Raya, excepting cars entering the the toll road via the Tebet 1 tollgate.
The West Pancoran Transjakarta busway shelter had also temporarily ceased its services due to the closure.
“We call on the motorists to adjust [their routes] according to the traffic diversion, obey the road signs and directions from our officers,” said Sigit. (vla)
- West Jakarta early childhood school dismantled in front of students
- Indonesia attracts buyers at Hamburg COTECA trade expo
- Saudi Arabia's foreign minister to visit Indonesia
- In China's Catholic heartland, Vatican deal brings Communist Party closer
- Meikarta graft case: KPK searches residence of Lippo Group CEO James Riady
- Saudi Arabia admits Khashoggi killed in Istanbul consulate
- The other side of Korea: Art, food and history
- US 'saddened' Saudi journalist dead, no mention of action
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Trump: Saudi explanation of Khashoggi death credible, 'important first step'