Malang regent’s house raided in education fund graft probe
The Jakarta Post
The Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) has searched the house of Malang Regent Rendra Krisna and several other properties over alleged graft related to government funds to support education in the regions.
KPK personnel raided the regent’s official residence on Monday night and seized documents from the property, in addition to his private residence as well as the home of an unspecified civil servant and a private office in Malang, East Java.
KPK spokesman Febri Diansyah confirmed that a team had been dispatched to raid several offices of the Malang regency administration.
Rendra said he had signed several legal documents to officially acknowledge the KPK’s operation, which included the confiscation of personal items, when the antigraft agency officials searched his house.
“The raid was related to graft allegations concerning [special allocation funds] for education in 2011. In 2017, I and several other officials of the Malang administration were also investigated by the KPK. According to the documents I’ve received, I’ve been considered a suspect in the case,” said Rendra.
However, the KPK has denied naming Rendra a suspect. Febri said the investigators were still probing the case.
“We will release further information as soon as the investigation is completed. We expect officials of the Malang administration to support [the investigation],” he said. (rfa)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Jakarta sinking fast: Experts
- Of legs and Pancasila: Two petitions battle it out over BLACKPINK ad
- Lotte Chemical Indonesia begins construction of plant in Cilegon
- Don’t panic: Indonesian ‘cendol’ different from Singaporean ‘cendol’
- Indonesia plans to make 30 percent biodiesel blend mandatory, studies B100
- Jokowi stresses tolerance at cultural congress conclusion
- Prabowo answers all your burning questions in his little blue book
- Indonesia’s e-commerce sales predicted to reach US$65b in 2022
- Low deficits and fiscal prudence