Accidents mostly caused by external factors: Transjakarta
The Jakarta Post
The frequent accidents involving Transjakarta buses are mostly caused by external factors, says Budi Kaliwono, the president director of PT Transportasi Jakarta, after recent accidents involving the city's main Bus Rapid Transit service.
“Most Transjakarta accidents are caused by other people,” he said on Thursday as quoted by tempo.co.
Budi added that some accidents were caused through driver negligence, saying external factors triggered most of them, such as motorcyclists who use the special busway lane and pedestrians crossing it.
His comments came after a Transjakarta bus drove into a lane divider on Jl. Jenderal Sudirman, South Jakarta, on Thursday morning.
A Transjakarta bus also rolled on Jl. Gatot Subroto, South Jakarta, injuring four passengers. (gis)
- Seoul Fashion Week ready for kickoff
- 17 missing students in North Sumatra flood rescued
- NTT to move immigrants to island near Australia
- Lewinsky affair not an abuse of power, says Hillary Clinton
- US wants "regime change" in Iran: Rouhani
- KPK urged to be resolute in solving IndonesiaLeaks report case
- The warning signs get stronger
- Delayed school entry good for mental health: Study
- #UninstallGojek trends after executive shows support for LGBT community
- Erdogan, Saudi king discuss case of missing journalist: Turkish presidency