Tanah Abang sky bridge to open on Monday
The Jakarta Post
City-owned developer PD Pembangunan Sarana Jaya is planning to open the new sky bridge in Tanah Abang, Central Jakarta, on Monday, although construction is not fully complete yet.
“We will open the sky bridge on Oct. 15, but only the completed parts,” the firm’s president director Pembangunan Sarana Jaya Yoory C. Pinontoan said on Thursday as reported by kompas.com.
The construction of the 400-meter long bridge built above the part of Jl. Jati Baru Raya closed to traffic is 75 percent complete, he said.
The section that will be opened on Monday connects Tanah Abang Railway Station to Blok G of Tanah Abang Market. The remaining section connecting the station to Jl. Jati Baru Raya is expected to be completed on Oct. 30.
Yoory could not confirm whether the road under the sky bridge would be opened to traffic on Oct. 15, as his office needed to coordinate with the transportation agency first.
Vendors selling their goods in the closed section of Jl. Jati Baru Raya will be relocated to the sky bridge. The construction was part of the city administration's Tanah Abang area management plan. Once completed, it will integrate the famous textile market, Tanah Abang Railway Station and a Transjakarta bus stop, while vehicles can pass underneath. (sau)
- Seoul Fashion Week ready for kickoff
- 17 missing students in North Sumatra flood rescued
- NTT to move immigrants to island near Australia
- Lewinsky affair not an abuse of power, says Hillary Clinton
- US wants "regime change" in Iran: Rouhani
- KPK urged to be resolute in solving IndonesiaLeaks report case
- The warning signs get stronger
- Delayed school entry good for mental health: Study
- #UninstallGojek trends after executive shows support for LGBT community
- Erdogan, Saudi king discuss case of missing journalist: Turkish presidency