Three new locations earmarked for 'sate taichan' vendors
The Jakarta Post
The Tanah Abang district administration has earmarked three potential locations to be used permanently by sate taichan (spicy chicken skewers) vendors who used to sell it on Jl. Asia Afrika in Senayan, Central Jakarta.
The new possible locations were the parking lots at the Gelora Bung Karno (GBK) sports complex, Senayan City Mall and Plaza Senayan Mall, Tanah Abang district chief Dedi Arif Darsono said.
“We are still working on the new locations and putting out feelers to use Plaza Senayan’s parking lot. The other possible locations are at the GBK or the motorcycle parking lot at Senayan City,” he added on Monday as quoted by kompas.com.
He vowed that his office would find the best location for the vendors and the new site would be announced soon.
About 125 sate taichan sellers were barred from operating on Jl. Asia Afrika on Aug. 1. They were relocated following the authorities’ decision to clear the area around the GBK for the 2018 Asian and Para games. The vendors were moved to a temporary location in the parking lot next to the upscale Senayan City Mall.
Sate taichan became popular among Jakarta’s street food fans in 2016 when the first vendor introduced the dish in Senayan. (ami)
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- No nutrients lost in rendang despite long cooking period, research says
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Basarnas ends search for Lion Air crash victims
- Bali authority denies report on JE viral infection outbreak
- Anti-LGBT sentiment rises ahead of elections
- Lion Air crash: 'I’m sure dad could swim his way out and survive the crash'
- When Jokowi’s ‘other women’ let their hair down
- Singapore Airlines to move to Soekarno-Hatta airport Terminal 3
- 5 ways to increase your lung capacity