Indonesian repair shop hits the big stage with MotoGP motorbike
The Jakarta Post
Indonesian repair shop Nusantara Motor of Jakarta will have its name on a MotoGP LCR Honda motorcycle after winning the national round of the 2018 Castrol Bikes Super Mechanic Contest.
Nusantara Motor will send a mechanic to compete against other mechanics from five other countries in a regional contest in Thailand on Nov. 14 and 15.
Castrol Indonesia and the LCR Honda team placed the stickers on the bike on the sidelines of the 2018 Malaysian Grand Prix free practice 3 and qualifying round at the team’s paddock in Sepang International Circuit on Saturday.
There were three stickers on the 1,000cc Honda motorcycle.
“We’re very happy and proud to have our repair shop’s name on the bike. It’s a privilege that places us on the same level as the team’s main sponsors.
“It really motivates us to do our best in the upcoming [regional] competition,” said Nusantara Motor owner Hari Wijaya.
Castrol marketing head for Southeast Asia Mark Ng said the sticker’s placement is in appreciation of the repair shop’s dedication to its clients. The British oil brand hoped it would motivate other mechanics to up their game.
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- President Trump, thank you for not attending ASEAN summit
- Lippo's Karawaci flooded, Pejaten Village catches fire
- UGM considers expelling alleged sexual abuser amid public pressure
- ASEAN’s priority: China
- Passenger demands window seat, gets amusing response from flight attendant
- US pilots say Boeing didn’t warn of 737 feature tied to crash
- Macron the latest US ally insulted by Trump
- Jokowi ratifies seven trade agreements
- Cutting out rice not enough: More lifestyle changes needed to prevent diabetes