Government appoints boss of state insurance firm
The Jakarta Post
The State-Owned Enterprises (SOE) Ministry has appointed Hexana Tri Sasongko as president director of state-owned life insurance company PT Asuransi Jiwasraya replacing Asmawi Syam.
The appointment letter was handed over in Jakarta on Monday by the SOE Ministry's infrastructure and business undersecretary Hambra Samal to Hexana, who was previously the investment, information and technology director at the ministry.
On the same occasion, the ministry also replaced Muhammad Zamkhani from his position as Jiwasraya’s human resources development and obedience director.
Speaking about his plans as the new boss of the insurance company, Hexana said he would start to digitalize the company’s existing prioritized programs and would strictly apply risk management in its investments.
In trying to expand the business, he said he would collaborate with SOEs that needed insurance services from Jiwasraya.
“We will continue the programs that have been developed together with Mr. Asmawi to make Jiwasraya a better and more modern insurance company,” Hexana said on Tuesday as quoted by kompas.com.
Jiwasraya is now facing a liquidity problem, forcing the company to postpone the payment of mature policies that were marketed through various banks as bancassurance worth Rp 802 billion (US$54.14 million). The policies should have been paid in October. (bbn)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Jokowi’s surprise for Korea
- UGM considers expelling alleged sexual abuser amid public pressure
- Merpati escapes bankruptcy, but no guarantee it will fly again
- Prabowo plans Singapore-like taxes for Indonesia
- Lion Air: a deadly crash and a whole lot of questions for Boeing
- Jokowi ratifies seven trade agreements
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Trump fires senior advisor at start of expected White House reshuffle
- Indonesia records US$1.82 billion trade deficit in October