Prosecutors demand 12 years for Setya's nephew, close aide in e-ID graft case
The Jakarta Post
Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) prosecutors have demanded a 12-year prison sentence for businessmen Irvanto Hendra Pambudi and Made Oka Masagung for their involvement in a multimillion-dollar graft case pertaining to the procurement of e-ID cards.
Should prosecutors get their way, Made Oka and Irvanto — the latter of whom is the nephew of former House of Representatives speaker and graft convict Setya Novanto — would also have to pay Rp 1 billion (US$67,465) in fines.
"We demand that judges find the defendants guilty of corruption […]," prosecutor Wawan Yunarwanto told the Jakarta Corruption Court as quoted by kompas.com on Tuesday.
The two businessmen allegedly collected cash amounting to US$7.3 million that was eventually channeled to Setya, who has been sentenced to 15 years in prison for his role in the case, which reportedly caused Rp 2.3 trillion in state losses.
Irvanto, the director of PT Murakabi Sejahtera, a security printing company and part of the Murakabi consortium that bid against PNRI and the Astra Graphia consortium to win the e-ID procurement project in 2011, allegedly accepted money totaling $3.5 million.
Meanwhile, Made Oka, the owner of Singapore-based investment company PT Delta Energi, was suspected of receiving $3.8 million through his two companies.
Made Oka was also suspected of being a middleman and allegedly transferring a 5-percent commitment fee to several lawmakers. (afr/swd)
- Jokowi’s surprise for Korea
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Semen Indonesia acquires Holcim Indonesia
- Palm oil waste-fueled generators produce electricity in Kutai
- Merpati escapes bankruptcy, but no guarantee it will fly again
- Sexual harassment victim ordered to start prison sentence next week
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Prabowo plans Singapore-like taxes for Indonesia
- Bank Indonesia hikes rate to 6 percent
- Lion Air passengers change planes because of broken AC