Police officer shoots friend after brawling
The Jakarta Post
A police officer reportedly shot his friend to death following a brawl in Ciracas, East Jakarta.
Jakarta Police spokesperson Sr. Comr. Argo Yuwono said the unidentified police personnel had intended on firing a warning shot to intimidate his friend, identified as Ade Supardi, after the two fought on Saturday. Argo did not specify the cause of the conflict.
"The policeman was under duress, so he fired the shots and one hit Ade's head and killed him on the scene," he said on Tuesday as quoted by tempo.co.
The police officer was reportedly accompanied by two other police personnel during the incident near Ade’s house.
Ade reportedly pushed his police officer friend, causing the latter to fall.
The police officer then took out his gun and fired shots into the air. A bullet hit Ade's head.
Ade's body was taken to Kramat Jati Police Hospital for an autopsy.
Argo said an internal investigation into the role of the police officer in the incident would be carried out. (ris)
- Jokowi’s surprise for Korea
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Semen Indonesia acquires Holcim Indonesia
- Palm oil waste-fueled generators produce electricity in Kutai
- Merpati escapes bankruptcy, but no guarantee it will fly again
- Sexual harassment victim ordered to start prison sentence next week
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Prabowo plans Singapore-like taxes for Indonesia
- Bank Indonesia hikes rate to 6 percent
- Lion Air passengers change planes because of broken AC