Trial underway for Golkar lawmaker in Riau-1 power plant graft case
The Jakarta Post
The Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) is expected to complete a case dossier in the near future against Golkar Party politician Eni Maulani Saragih in a bribery case pertaining to the Riau-1 coal-fired power plant (PLTU) project.
Graft investigators questioned her as a suspect in the case on Tuesday, as she was suspected of accepting Rp 4.8 billion (US$324,350) in bribes from businessman Johannes Budisutrisno Kotjo to expedite the project’s contract. The businessman has also named a suspect in the case and his trial is ongoing at the Jakarta Corruption Court.
“Today was the last questioning session as a suspect. God willing, [investigators] will complete the dossier on Friday,” Eni told journalists after undergoing Tuesday’s questioning as quoted by tempo.co.
KPK spokesman Febri Diansyah confirmed Eni’s claim, saying graft busters “are finalizing the dossier against suspect ES,” referring to Eni by her initials.
Also, on Tuesday, the antigraft body said the politician had returned another Rp 1.3 billion she allegedly accepted from Johannes in the case. In total, the KPK has received Rp 4.26 billion in its investigation, Rp 712 million of which was handed over by an unidentified Golkar politician.
“We will consider such cooperative actions in the prosecution as well as in deciding on requests for justice collaborator status,” Febri said.
The antigraft body has named three suspects in the Riau-1 PLTU graft case, consisting of two Golkar politicians – Eni and former social affair minister Idrus Marham – and Johannes.
- President Trump, thank you for not attending ASEAN summit
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Indonesia to free Bali Nine drug smuggler Lawrence: Official
- Government to issue new regulation on coal permits
- Garuda to reopen Jakarta-London route
- JT610 victim's bride takes wedding photo shoot without groom
- Bali authority denies report on JE viral infection outbreak
- Associate of close Trump adviser expects to be indicted by Mueller
- University student ‘pseudo poll’: LGBT behavior caused by keeping wrong company...