Bekasi murder suspect arrested
The Jakarta Post
A man believed to have murdered an entire family in Bekasi, West Java, including two children, has been arrested, according to Jakarta Police spokesman Sr. Comr. Argo Yuwono.
The suspect, identified as HS, was apprehended at a hiking post on Mount Guntur, also in West Java.
The police found him after following the trail of a missing Nissan X-Trail that had last been seen parked in front of the victims’ home, Argo said.
The car was located at a boarding house in Cikarang, West Java, where HS was staying, he added.
“The car was stolen by HS […] We received information from local residents that HS was in Garut, so we sent a team there,” Argo said as quoted by kompas.com on Thursday.
“When we arrived in Garut, we found HS resting at a hiking post. When we searched his bag, we found the keys to a Nissan car, a cellphone and Rp 4 million [US$272.44] in cash.”
HS has reportedly denied his involvement in the crime. The case has been taken over by the Jakarta Police, who will continue to interrogate him.
Diperum Nainggolan, 38, his wife Maya Boru Ambarita, 37, and their two children Sarah Boru Nainggolan, 9, and Arya Nainggolan, 7, were found dead in their home on Tuesday.
Police have dismissed robbery as a possible motif. (gis)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Jakarta sinking fast: Experts
- Of legs and Pancasila: Two petitions battle it out over BLACKPINK ad
- Don’t panic: Indonesian ‘cendol’ different from Singaporean ‘cendol’
- Lotte Chemical Indonesia begins construction of plant in Cilegon
- Indonesia plans to make 30 percent biodiesel blend mandatory, studies B100
- Indonesia’s e-commerce sales predicted to reach US$65b in 2022
- Prabowo answers all your burning questions in his little blue book
- Jokowi stresses tolerance at cultural congress conclusion
- Low deficits and fiscal prudence