Reconstruction of Bekasi murder carried out on Monday
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Police carried out at their headquarters on Monday a case reconstruction of the murder of an entire family in Bekasi, West Java.
Diperum Nainggolan, 38, his wife Maya Boru Ambarita, 37, and their two children Sarah Boaru Nainggolan, 9, and Arya Nainggolan, 7, were found dead in their home on Tuesday last week.
During the reconstruction, a conversation between the suspect Haris Simamora and the victims prior to the murder was revealed.
“During their conversation, Maya asked whether [the suspect] would spend the night, saying that her husband’s older brother Douglas would feel inconvenienced if [Haris] stayed,” said Comr. Malvino of the Jakarta Police General Crime Directorate.
“In another scene, Diperum told Haris in the Batak language, ‘You go sleep in the [backyard], like trash’,” Malvino added.
The police claim that Haris became outraged by the verbal rebuke and it drove him to kill the entire family.
According to the police, Haris demonstrated during the reconstruction how he entered the house on Monday night, killed the family and then left the house.
Haris also allegedly stole Rp 2 million (US$137.17) from the house as well as four mobile phones and a car.
The Police will carry out another case reconstruction at the crime scene in Bekasi. (fac)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Jakarta sinking fast: Experts
- Of legs and Pancasila: Two petitions battle it out over BLACKPINK ad
- Don’t panic: Indonesian ‘cendol’ different from Singaporean ‘cendol’
- Lotte Chemical Indonesia begins construction of plant in Cilegon
- Indonesia plans to make 30 percent biodiesel blend mandatory, studies B100
- Indonesia’s e-commerce sales predicted to reach US$65b in 2022
- Prabowo answers all your burning questions in his little blue book
- Jokowi stresses tolerance at cultural congress conclusion
- Low deficits and fiscal prudence