Garuda airplane skids off runway, no injuries reported
The Jakarta Post
Garuda Indonesia flight GA210 from Jakarta’s Soekarno-Hatta International Airport reportedly skidded off the runway after landing at Adisutjipto International Airport in Yogjakarta on Monday afternoon following heavy rain.
Airport operator Angkasa Pura I spokesperson Rio Hendarta Budi Santosa said none of the 148 passengers or five crew members on board were injured in the incident. Normal activities at the airport resumed immediately after the plane was removed from the runway.
“It took only 15 to 20 minutes to remove the plane, so no flights were interrupted on the day,” Rio said, as quoted by kompas.id.
According to Angkasa Pura I’s statement, airport authorities conducted a runway check at around 2:24 p.m., immediately after the incident, but found no damage to the runway. (vny/swd)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Of legs and Pancasila: Two petitions battle it out over BLACKPINK ad
- Real Crazy Rich Asian wedding to cost $100 million
- Indonesia plans to make 30 percent biodiesel blend mandatory, studies B100
- Jakarta sinking fast: Experts
- Don’t panic: Indonesian ‘cendol’ different from Singaporean ‘cendol’
- 21 tons of trash flows into Jakarta Bay daily: Researcher
- Indonesia launches One Map Policy to resolve land conflicts
- Wika announces development contracts in 10 countries
- Shopee BLACKPINK commercial too salacious, KPI says