Govt appoints acting head of SKK Migas
Stefanno Reinard Sulaiman
The Jakarta Post
The government has appointed Upstream Oil and Gas Regulatory Special Task Force (SKKMigas) deputy chairman Sukandar as the organization’s acting head, replacing Amien Sunaryadi, whose term ended on Nov. 18.
The Energy and Mineral Resources Ministry’s oil and gas director general, Djoko Siswanto, confirmed Sukandar’s appointment on Friday.
“Sukandar assumed his office on Monday. His assignment will last until the appointment of the definitive SKKMigas head by the energy and mineral resources minister.” he said.
No official information has been released as to who might become the definitive head of SKKMigas. Some see the former head of state-owned energy company Pertamina, Dwi Soetjipto, as a strong candidate for the position.
SKKMigas, which is responsible for the management of upstream oil and gas business activities, has been criticized for its failure to help meet investment targets in the sector.
This year investment achievement is projected to reach US$11.2 billion, only 78 percent of the targeted $14.2 billion. (bbn)
- Jakarta sinking fast: Experts
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Of legs and Pancasila: Two petitions battle it out over BLACKPINK ad
- Lotte Chemical Indonesia begins construction of plant in Cilegon
- Don’t panic: Indonesian ‘cendol’ different from Singaporean ‘cendol’
- Tips to help you brew better coffee at home
- TNI denies explosive use during rescue after Papua shootings
- Prabowo answers all your burning questions in his little blue book
- Environmentalists face greater risks amid development drive
- ‘Obsess over problems, not idols’: 9 pieces of advice from Nadiem Makarim