183 houses inundated in East Jakarta
The Jakarta Post
Heavy rain that hit the capital on Monday afternoon inundated several areas of the city, with a residential area in East Jakarta flooded to a depth of 80 centimeters.
Floodwaters inundated some 183 houses in the RT 010 neighborhood unit, RW 005 of Rawa Terate in East Jakarta from 1 p.m., when heavy rain began falling on the residential area that borders the Cakung River.
RT 010 head Datam Darmadi said the flooding started at 3 p.m.
“The flooding here is 80 centimeters deep, while at the farthest end of the neighborhood it is 1 meter deep,” said Datam on Monday as quoted by kompas.com.
He further said that the flooding was not only caused by heavy rain, “but also because the Cakung drainage canal is higher than the residential area.”
Datam said the residents hoped the administration would soon install pumps in the area.
Rain on Monday also inundated other areas in East Jakarta, namely Jl. Nusa Indah Raya in Duren Sawit and Jl. Bizpark 2 in Cakung, according to the Jakarta Disaster Mitigation Agency (BPBD).
In West Jakarta, water inundated Jl. S. Parman, Jl. Arjuna Selatan, Jl. Kebon Jeruk Baru, Jl. Tubagus Angke and Jl. Tanjung Duren Barat.
While in South Jakarta, affected areas included RT 003, RW 001 of Jl. TB Simatupang and Jl Terogong Raya.
In North Jakarta, flooding hit the Pegangsaan Dua area in Kelapa Gading.
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Of legs and Pancasila: Two petitions battle it out over BLACKPINK ad
- Real Crazy Rich Asian wedding to cost $100 million
- Indonesia plans to make 30 percent biodiesel blend mandatory, studies B100
- Jakarta sinking fast: Experts
- Don’t panic: Indonesian ‘cendol’ different from Singaporean ‘cendol’
- 21 tons of trash flows into Jakarta Bay daily: Researcher
- Indonesia launches One Map Policy to resolve land conflicts
- Wika announces development contracts in 10 countries
- Shopee BLACKPINK commercial too salacious, KPI says