Putri Indonesia 2015 encourages youth to promote tourism on social media
The Jakarta Post
During her recent appearance at the University of Indonesia for a seminar entitled "The art of storytelling: Escalating Indonesia's tourism to the next level", the 2015 Putri Indonesia beauty pageant winner Anindya Kusuma Putri urged young people to promote the archipelago through social media.
“You can use Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, or become a blogger to promote Indonesia's tourism,” said the 25-year-old.
Putri, who managed to get into the top 15 at the Miss Universe 2015 international beauty pageant, raised her concern about Indonesia, which she said has more beautiful tourist sites than other Southeast Asia countries, yet is still below Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand in terms of the number of foreign tourists.
“You can try underwater experiences anywhere else in the world, but Raja Ampat and the eastern Indonesian region are still the best,” added Putri.
Don Kardono, a special staff member of the Tourism Ministry's communications department, said that Raja Ampat had topped the list of the world’s best snorkeling destinations according to CNN Travel.
“The second place is occupied by Labuan Bajo in Komodo. In 2017, Bali was also named world’s best destination by TripAdvisor, beating out London, Paris, New York and Rome, which are among the world’s tourism icons,” said Kardono.
Kardono also said that in 2015, 80 percent of Wonderful Indonesia’s promotion went to branding, introducing Indonesia’s tourist destinations to the world. Currently the Wonderful Indonesia brand is visible on almost every digital platform you could imagine.
“On Google, YouTube, TripAdvisor, Baidu, Ctrip and others, you will likely see Indonesia’s tourism brand. Why is digital so important right now? Because everyone does things through smartphones nowadays, from researching, sharing stuff, booking events, payments,” he said. (kes)
- UPDATED: Jakarta-born Rich Chigga tells Rolling Stone why he moved to LA
- Four Indonesian destinations named best dive sites in Asia by CNN
- Election bill passed, presidential threshold intact
- House’s Instagram tirade against KPK goes viral
- Orangutan conservation: Government agencies no 'cleaning service'
- Global drug rings target Indonesia after shifting from Philippines: BNN
- Medieval Europe’s ‘divine obsession’ with Indonesian spices
- Italian citizen busted for possessing 'ajapa japa' tobacco
- Halal certification shouldn’t burden industry: F&B producers
- Lawmakers turn up in droves for election bill showdown