OJK holds focus group discussion on tourism
The Jakarta Post
The Financial Services Authority (OJK) recently held a focus group discussion (FGD) on Tuesday to discuss funding of the Tourism Ministry through Indonesia's capital market.
The event was attended by representatives of four companies located in 10 priority destinations.
The ministry's head of development acceleration for priority tourist destinations, Hiramsyah S. Thaib, said that during the meeting, PT Sura Parama Setia managing director David Makes broke down the potential of resort development in Ijen Crater, Banyuwangi, while PT ITDC vice CEO Jatmiko talked about the development of an integrated area in Mandalika, Lombok. There was also a discussion about resort development in Belitung by Belitung Maritime Silk Road, a consortium of companies under the Dharmawangsa Group.
The tourism industry is one of five priority sectors and, in the past two years, has grew beyond 10 percent, higher than that of most sectors.
The OJK and the Tourism Ministry previously signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to support a government program that aims to develop 10 priority destinations: Lake Toba, Belitung, Tanjung Lesung, the Thousand Islands, Borobudur temple, Mount Bromo, Mandalika Lombok, Komodo Island, Wakatobi National Park and Morotai.
“The development of 10 priority destinations will provide the country with a huge opportunity to increase its income, which is predicted to reach Rp 240 trillion [US$18 billion] by 2019,” said OJK chairman Muliaman D. Hadad.
“The development of the 10 priority destinations is also expected to create jobs for 13 million people and bring in 20 million foreign tourists." (kes)
- Survey finds Jakarta among world’s worst for women
- Barack Obama returns to the political arena
- Marinda airport in Raja Ampat set to become international airport
- More drug dealers to be shot dead: BNN chief
- Across Asia, liver cancer is linked to herbal remedies: Study
- EDITORIAL: Jokowi grows on the job
- North Jakarta group cancels Alexis Hotel protest
- Airline, bank reach for the sky with e-money
- Philippines to reject EU aid: Duterte
- Preventing osteoporosis: How to boost bone health