New ambassador Rusdi Kirana seeks to lure Malaysian tourists to Indonesia
The Jakarta Post
Rusdi Kirana, a former member of the Presidential Advisory Board and owner of Indonesia’s largest low-cost carrier Lion Air Group, has been appointed as Indonesian ambassador to Malaysia.
In addition to dealing with issues regarding Indonesian migrant workers in Malaysia, Rusdi will also map out his strategies to promote Indonesia’s tourist destinations to the neighboring country.
“After Idul Fitri, we are going to partner with the Embassy of Malaysia for a joint promotion,” said Rusdi.
He spoke about the twin city concept between Indonesian and Malaysian, “such as Kuala Lumpur and Jakarta, Kinabalu [Malaysia] and Bali, and Kinabalu and Manado [North Sulawesi],” he added.
China, Singapore, Australia, Malaysia and Japan are the top contributors of foreign tourists to Indonesia. Visitors from Malaysia usually travel to Bandung, Jakarta, Joglosemar (Yogyakarta, Surakarta and Semarang in Central Java), Riau Islands and Bali.
The Tourism Ministry together with the Indonesian Embassy in Malaysia are currently organizing the Indonesia Street Bukit Bintang Fiesta from May 18 to May 21 at Pavilion Kuala Lumpur shopping mall in the Bukit Bintang district of Kuala Lumpur. Themed "Explore Exotic Indonesia, "this marks the second annual Indonesian food festival in Malaysia.
The exhibition features 12 booths by Indonesia's small and medium businesses presenting products like food, fashion and cosmetics. It also hosts cultural performances, such as dance, music, carnival shows, DJs, batik and weaving workshops, fashion shows, face painting activities and quizzes. (kes)
- Korean comedy-drama sparks uproar for 'disrespecting Islam'
- 4 cities in Indonesia where you can travel by foot
- Another cargo plane skids off runway in Papua
- WhatsApp adds Picture-in-Picture feature on Android 8.0
- Beware the dangers of pre-cooked meals
- Six ITB students injured by crumbling pillar
- Wonderful Indonesia Festival 2017 to grace Manila
- Jember crowned Indonesia's Carnival City
- Danilo completes Man City move
- US golfer Spieth in prime position to win British Open