Ministry hosts training for airport, hotel employees in Palembang
The Jakarta Post
The Tourism Ministry has recently hosted a training for the employees of state-owned airport operator PT Angkasa Pura II Palembang and several front-line staff of Fave Hotel Palembang in South Sumatra.
Conducted on Thursday, the event aimed to improve the quality of human resources in tourism and managed to attract 200 participants.
“The world of tourism is always associated with ‘to serve and be served’ motto. For instance, the staffs of Sultan Mahmud Badaruddin II International Airport have to always be friendly and at their prime when serving visitors,” said the ministry’s Tourism Development deputy Ahman Sya.
“To give the best service, the 3S of senyum sapa salam [smile, greet and regards] needs to be implemented,” he added.
According to the ministry, 75 percent of foreign tourists entered the archipelago through airports. (kes)
- Airport trains no longer have single fare
- Average British dinner lasts 21 minutes: survey
- Electronic parking meters on Jl Sabang to be reactivated
- Satpol PP officer dies after being hit by airport train
- Twitter says Russia-linked accounts more widespread
- Tom Petty died of accidental overdose: family