Ministry hosts training for airport, hotel employees in Palembang
The Jakarta Post
The Tourism Ministry has recently hosted a training for the employees of state-owned airport operator PT Angkasa Pura II Palembang and several front-line staff of Fave Hotel Palembang in South Sumatra.
Conducted on Thursday, the event aimed to improve the quality of human resources in tourism and managed to attract 200 participants.
“The world of tourism is always associated with ‘to serve and be served’ motto. For instance, the staffs of Sultan Mahmud Badaruddin II International Airport have to always be friendly and at their prime when serving visitors,” said the ministry’s Tourism Development deputy Ahman Sya.
“To give the best service, the 3S of senyum sapa salam [smile, greet and regards] needs to be implemented,” he added.
According to the ministry, 75 percent of foreign tourists entered the archipelago through airports. (kes)
- High alert: Mt. Agung eruption imminent
- Dust off your shoulder pads -- 'Dynasty' is back
- No prediction when Mt. Agung will erupt: BNPB
- Mitra Keluarga Hospital punished for neglecting patient
- Jokowi to hand over Rp 7.1b to Mount Agung evacuees
- Private lenders partake in Greater Jakarta LRT project
- Jokowi to visit Mount Agung evacuees in Klungkung
- BPJS expected to suffer Rp 9t deficit this year: Official
- Report reveals 38 deaths linked to lack of healthcare services in Yahukimo
- Fight Kim Jong-un instead of Duterte? Trudeau did not say that