Arsenal, Liverpool to play against national team in Balikpapan
Balikpapan is set to hold a soccer match dubbed Balikpapan Masters Cup 2017 between the national team and UK football clubs Arsenal and Liverpool at the Batakan Stadium on Nov. 5.
Some of the Arsenal and Liverpool players that are said to participate are Mikael Silvestre, Freddie Ljungberg, Robert Pires, John Arne Riise, Louis Garcia and Emile Heskey.
The game will adopt a trofeo concept where each match is set at 1x45 minutes.
“Most foreigners only know Bali and Jakarta, but with this event we’re going to introduce Balikpapan and Kalimantan,” said the promoter and head of Indonesian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (Kadin) Balikpapan chapter, Yaser Arafat.
Yaser also said the presence of thousands of soccer fans will increase the number of people checking in at hotels, visiting shopping centers and tourist attractions and boost Balikpapan regional income.
Tickets for the match are divided into several categories: north and south economy tribune are priced at Rp 300,000 (US$22.45), west and east economy tribune are priced at Rp 500,000, north and south VIP tribune are priced at Rp 750,000, and east and west VIP are priced at Rp 1.5 million.
The committee has also prepared a door prize of one car, five motorcycles and dozens of smartphones for lucky audience. (kes)
- Three former presidents join Jokowi to celebrate Independence Day
- Jokowi praises Jakarta for Semanggi interchange
- SEA Games: Indonesia beats Philippines 3-0
- Dangdut singer partners with Tourism Ministry to launch new cake brand
- UGM tops RI university ranking
- Jokowi inaugurates new Semanggi overpass on Independence Day
- SBY attends ceremony at State Palace
- Ten-year-old India rape victim gives birth to baby girl
- China gets tough on long, odd company names
- Eleven teens suspected in prostitution ring