Arsenal, Liverpool to play against national team in Balikpapan
Balikpapan is set to hold a soccer match dubbed Balikpapan Masters Cup 2017 between the national team and UK football clubs Arsenal and Liverpool at the Batakan Stadium on Nov. 5.
Some of the Arsenal and Liverpool players that are said to participate are Mikael Silvestre, Freddie Ljungberg, Robert Pires, John Arne Riise, Louis Garcia and Emile Heskey.
The game will adopt a trofeo concept where each match is set at 1x45 minutes.
“Most foreigners only know Bali and Jakarta, but with this event we’re going to introduce Balikpapan and Kalimantan,” said the promoter and head of Indonesian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (Kadin) Balikpapan chapter, Yaser Arafat.
Yaser also said the presence of thousands of soccer fans will increase the number of people checking in at hotels, visiting shopping centers and tourist attractions and boost Balikpapan regional income.
Tickets for the match are divided into several categories: north and south economy tribune are priced at Rp 300,000 (US$22.45), west and east economy tribune are priced at Rp 500,000, north and south VIP tribune are priced at Rp 750,000, and east and west VIP are priced at Rp 1.5 million.
The committee has also prepared a door prize of one car, five motorcycles and dozens of smartphones for lucky audience. (kes)
- Streep ‘terrified’ to work with Hanks, Spielberg for the first time
- Year-end events to attend in Bali
- Does playing action video games change your brain?
- Minister, Anies join thousands in rally to support Palestine
- Heavy air pollution shuts schools in Iran
- BPS to start collecting e-commerce data in January
- Suspicious deaths of billionaire Canada couple investigated
- US wants no mention of `Climate Change' in new Nafta
- All work and no play leads to burnout, says new study
- Assange told not to interfere in Catalonia: Ecuador president