Tourism Ministry hosts Online Training Focus Group Discussion
The Tourism Ministry recently hosted Online Training Focus Group Discussion (FGD) for tourism stakeholders at the D’Hotel in Jakarta on Sept. 5.
“The more digital, the more personal. The more digital, the more global. The more digital, the more professional,” read the ministry’s slogan for going digital.
"To reach the target of 20 million foreign tourists in 2019, the ministry has to go digital,” said the ministry's deputy for institutional development Ahman Sya.
One of the ministry's efforts to go digital is digital learning or online training that is aimed for all members of the ministry from the main office to regional tourism agencies.
This program is supported by Telkom and developed by Inventure’s Yuswohady.
Using the e-learning program, participants don't have to come and sit in a class. It can also shorten the study time and save more cost.
“This digital platform is expected to speed up and ease the study of tourism,” added Ahman. (kes)
- Popular tourist sites in Bali safe amid tremors around Mount Agung
- 'Super malaria' spreading through SE Asia, poses global threat
- Court dismisses KPK’s objection in Setya’s pretrial hearing
- Bill Gates expresses regret over ‘Control+Alt+Delete’ button
- Mamma Mia! British star Colin Firth is now Italian
- Tourism minister officiates new diving center in Tanjung Lesung
- Car Free Day ineffective in reducing air pollution: Committee
- Violence cases against women, children in Jambi increased: Official
- KPK arrests 10 in Banten bribery case
- Entrepreneur wants to put Indonesia on the world technology map