Indonesia amasses 100,000 votes for UNWTO Awards Tourism Video Competition
The Wonderful Indonesia video that was submitted to the UNWTO (United Nation World Tourism Organization) Award-Tourism Video Competition has so far garnered 100,000 online votes.
The hashtag #VoteVideoIndonesia has been gaining a lot of attention on social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Line, Path and other platforms.
Participants of National Ministry Secretary – General Secretary Forum that was held in Palembang on September 7 all agreed to encourage their peers to vote for the video that showcases several popular Indonesian destinations such as Yogyakarta, Bali, Raja Ampat, Sembalun in West Nusa Tenggara (NTB), Gili Trawangan and Wakatobi as well as cultural elements such as batik and Balinese dance.
Read also: The spirit behind Bali's natural sea salt
Moreover, singer Budi Doremi who during his performance at Makassar International Eight Forum Festival ( F8 ) 2017 on September 7 also mentioned the video competition.
“While we’re all here, let’s vote for Indonesia at the UWTO Awards 2017 together,” said Budi.
One visitor of the event named Rahma admitted that she just found out about the competition.
“I just found out that Indonesia is competing [at UNWTO Award-Tourism Video Competition], therefore I immediately voted [for Indonesia,” told Rahma.
For their efforts, Rahma along with other voters were given rewards and a chance for a selfie with the singer.
To vote, go to indonesia.travel/vote4id.. Enter your name and email, choose Indonesia as your favorite video and then click submit. (asw)
- Popular tourist sites in Bali safe amid tremors around Mount Agung
- Entrepreneur wants to put Indonesia on the world technology map
- 'Super malaria' spreading through SE Asia, poses global threat
- Bill Gates expresses regret over ‘Control+Alt+Delete’ button
- Court dismisses KPK’s objection in Setya’s pretrial hearing
- Mamma Mia! British star Colin Firth is now Italian
- Tourism minister officiates new diving center in Tanjung Lesung
- Car Free Day ineffective in reducing air pollution: Committee
- Travel fair to boost Garuda’s business
- Supermodel reunion at blockbuster Versace tribute in Milan