Tourists flock to Makassar international festival
South Sulawesi's capital city recently hosted the 2nd Makassar International Eight Festival and Forum ( F8 ) at the Pelataran City of Makassar Anjungan Losari from Sept. 6 to 9.
The head of Indonesian Hotel and Restaurant Association (PHRI) South Sulawesi chapter, Anggiat Sinaga, said the organization's 38 members had prepared many interesting offers for tourists coming to the event. One of them was a four days plus one night promo including free breakfast and pick ups from and to the F8 event.
The promotion reportedly had attracted thousands of guests consisting of the event’s performers and tourists.
Last year’s event was attended by 300,000 people, way above the target of 30,000. The total of money transaction throughout the three-day festival reached Rp 5 billion (US$379.000).
For this year, the committee is said to target one million visitors.
Creative Economy Agency (Bekraf) head Triawan Munaf said creative economy in which tourism is a part of is one of the sectors that could improve the nation’s economic growth.
“The ministry’s role in the creative economy development in Makassar is extraordinary […] It shows to the world that creative and innovative products in this town have competitive values and specific distinction,” said Triawan. (kes)
- Popular tourist sites in Bali safe amid tremors around Mount Agung
- Entrepreneur wants to put Indonesia on the world technology map
- 'Super malaria' spreading through SE Asia, poses global threat
- Bill Gates expresses regret over ‘Control+Alt+Delete’ button
- Court dismisses KPK’s objection in Setya’s pretrial hearing
- Mamma Mia! British star Colin Firth is now Italian
- Tourism minister officiates new diving center in Tanjung Lesung
- Car Free Day ineffective in reducing air pollution: Committee
- Travel fair to boost Garuda’s business
- Supermodel reunion at blockbuster Versace tribute in Milan