Angry woman gets flight diverted over 'cheating' husband
An enraged woman forced an airliner to make an emergency landing after she discovered mid-flight that her husband was apparently cheating on her.
The woman, an Iranian national, was travelling from Doha to Bali with her husband and child on a Qatar Airways flight on Sunday, India's Hindustan Times reported Tuesday.
As her husband slept, she used his hand to unlock his fingerprint-protected phone, revealing the alleged affair in all its sordid detail.
Angered by the discovery, the woman reportedly started to hit her husband. The cabin crew intervened but were unable to calm the situation.
With the inflight episode spiraling out of control, the pilots decided to make an unscheduled stop in the southern Indian city of Chennai.
The woman, her husband and their child were taken off the plane, which then resumed its journey to Indonesia, an unnamed security official told the paper.
"The family spent the day at Chennai airport and was sent to Kuala Lumpur by a Batik Air flight. No police action was taken," the official said.
Qatar Airways was not immediately available for comment when contacted by AFP.
- Airport trains no longer have single fare
- Satpol PP officer dies after being hit by airport train
- Europe brings on charm and blue skies to lure Chinese tourists
- French founder strives to elevate Indonesian brand at Maison&Objet
- Twitter says Russia-linked accounts more widespread
- Electronic parking meters on Jl Sabang to be reactivated
- Tom Petty died of accidental overdose: family
- Bekasi Police arrest alleged sexual abuser after three-month pursuit
- Average British dinner lasts 21 minutes: survey
- Facebook to let users rank 'trust' in news sources