Thousand Islands celebrates 16th anniversary
The Thousand Islands in Jakarta celebrated its 16th anniversary on Nov. 9.
The anniversary was commemorated with the opening ceremony of Thousand Islands Festival at Lapangan Bupati, Pramuka Island.
“As the 2018 Asian Games is approaching, we need to prioritize tourism interests in order to become a world-class destination,” said Thousand Islands Regent Irmansyah.
The festival, supported by the Tourism Ministry, runs from Nov. 6 to 12 and features activities such as beach clean-up, music performances and competitions.
The upcoming 2018 Asian Games will be held from August until September next year in Jakarta and Palembang, South Sumatra.
The ministry has been gearing up for this event since April, which includes conducting roadshows to several places such as Bali, Palembang, Banten and Bandung; and socializations to related departments, associations and industries. The ministry has also placed the 2018 Asian Games logo at every marketing and promotional event in Indonesia and overseas.
Tourism Minister Arief Yahya said sports event is one of the ministry’s top three activities aside from Sail Sabang slated on Nov. 28 to Dec. 5 and the 2018 Annual Meetings of the IMF and World Bank that will be held in Bali. (kes)
- Lake Toba to hold Gowes Samosir cycling event
- Celebrity Fitri Carlina endorses Wonderful Indonesia, Banyuwangi tourism
- Karetan Market partners with waste management startup company
- Block porn or be blocked, Indonesia warns Google, Twitter
- Facebook launches new ‘Facebook Creator’ app for video content creators
- West Papua to host Senja Kaimana Festival 2017
- Tourism Ministry, KBRI promote five Indonesian destinations in Thailand
- Saung Angklung Udjo holds seventh Angklung Pride in Bandung
- East Java to host Situbondo Carnival
- Karetan Market holds vlog competition for visitors