Air charter operator launches affordable heliride in Jakarta
Air charter operator Whitesky Aviation has launched a program named Wonderful Joy Flight that tours around the city of Jakarta using Helicopter City Transport (helicity) at an affordable price.
The program is available from Dec. 5 until Jan. 5 in which passengers will be taken to fly above Pulo Mas, Tanjung Priok, Ancol, Old Town, Senayan and Semanggi.
“Helicity will serve Jakarta and other supporting areas such as Thousand Islands, Banten and Bandung. These routes have been set by the Transportation Ministry,” said Whitesky Aviation CEO Denon Prawiraatmadja.
To enjoy this ride, one needs to pay Rp 7 million (US$518.70) for a 15-minute trip. Currently the service is only available in Jakarta and nearby areas.
“The helicopter can reach a certain location in 15 minutes like from Cengkareng to Semanggi, BSD to Sudirman or other places,” Denond added.
Additionally, Whitesky Aviation has signed the Wonderful Indonesia or Pesona Indonesia co-branding deal with the Tourism Ministry.
Tourism Minister Arief Yahya suggested for the company to market its service in Bali, Jakarta and Riau Islands since the buying power in these places are quite high.
Arief also told the company to partner up with other firms and come up with affordable tour packages.
“For example is diving at Bawah Island in Riau Islands, sign a partnership with travel operator to create affordable tour packages to go there,” he explained.
The helicity service currently has four helicopters consists of one Airbus 130, one Bell 429 and two Bell 505.
Up to 254 Helispots are available in Jakarta and West Java. Whitesky Aviation also reveals plans to have 30 helicopters in the next five years. (kes)
- BTS presents tearful, beautiful finale of ‘Wings’ tour in Seoul
- Foreign prisoner escapes from Kerobokan prison
- Online shops not causing closure of retail outlets: BPS
- Heavy rainfall in Jakarta topples trees, disrupts traffic
- Qatar interested in investing in Mandalika tourism zone: Luhut
- Floods, toppled trees disrupt Transjakarta services
- Jakarta administration criticized for not uploading meeting videos
- Heavy rainfall unanticipated, says BPBD
- ‘Wonder’, a wonderfully heartwarming film for all
- Anies visits inundated underpass in Dukuh Atas