Transportation Ministry to develop Tanjung Batu Port in Belitung
The Transportation Ministry is going to develop Tanjung Batu Port in Belitung to become a place for loading and unloading cargo as well as for tourists.
“This development aims to support the improvement of tourism in Belitung. It will begin in February next year,” said Transportation Minister Budi Karya Sumadi.
The ministry is currently still busy with the asset transfer from regional administration to central government.
“We are transferring asset for one full month to the central government, the budgeting is set for 2018,” he added.
During his visit to Tanjung Batu, Budi found that the port has been used to load and unload sand and it has caused damages to the port.
“I advise for the sand shipment to be done in a different location; we are going to fix Tanjung Batu,” Budi said.
Belitung is one of the Tourism Ministry’s 10 Priority Destinations. It also has Tanjung Kelayang that has been named a Special Economic Zone (KEK).
“Accessibility is key in the success of tourism development and the Transportation Ministry plays a big role in this,” said Tourism Minister Arief Yahya. (kes)
- BTS presents tearful, beautiful finale of ‘Wings’ tour in Seoul
- Foreign prisoner escapes from Kerobokan prison
- Online shops not causing closure of retail outlets: BPS
- Heavy rainfall in Jakarta topples trees, disrupts traffic
- Qatar interested in investing in Mandalika tourism zone: Luhut
- Floods, toppled trees disrupt Transjakarta services
- Jakarta administration criticized for not uploading meeting videos
- Heavy rainfall unanticipated, says BPBD
- ‘Wonder’, a wonderfully heartwarming film for all
- Anies visits inundated underpass in Dukuh Atas