Where to go in Semarang for nighttime travelers
The Jakarta Post
The city of Semarang in Central Java is host to numerous interesting destinations, including many that can be visited at night.
Below are some the places that are best visited during the night in Semarang as compiled by kompas.com:
Lapangan Pancasila (Pancasila Field) or more popularly known as Simpang Lima Semarang is especially crowded in the evening. Situated in the city center, it serves as the city's icon as well as a must-visit location for first-time tourists.
Other than watching the city traffic and marveling at the surrounding buildings, you can also rent a decorative bicycle or ride on a decorative becak (pedicab) to circle the area.
Kota Lama Semarang
Also alive during the night, Semarang's Old Town is home to colonial-era heritage buildings that serve as an interesting photo backdrop. The surrounding lamps make it an even more beautiful site to enjoy, similar to the charms of European cities in the evening.
Read also: Four eye-catching spots to see in Semarang
Tugu Muda Park
The park is located in the city center, right in front of the famous Lawang Sewu, which is why it is very popular among tourists even after hours.
The Tugu Muda monument changes colors and is the icon of this neat park, which also provides Wi-Fi coverage.
Situated on higher ground on Jl. Setiabudi, Ngesrep, Banyumanik, this place is convenient for those seeking to enjoy a view of Semarang from above.
It also hosts several cafes, perfect for spending some quality time while dining with friends and family. (kes)
- After stunning growth streak, Amazon ambitions seem boundless
- No instruction to bar Anies from pitch: Palace
- Romeo the lonesome frog is feelin' the love
- 'Do not test Israel', Netanyahu tells Iran, brandishing drone 'piece'
- Fidel Castro is not Trudeau's real father: Canadian govt
- Daddy Yankee gets the world dancing again with viral song
- Enjoying legendary 'Jenang' in Surakarta
- Philippines says in talks with China for joint sea exploration
- Seeking post-Brexit unity, EU leaders find more fights
- Saudi women to start own busines without male permission