University students create Islamic alternative to Pokemon Go
The Jakarta Post
Two students from the Bogor Institute of Agriculture (IPB) have come up with a concept for an online game that aims to minimize the negative effects of the widely played Pokemon Go.
Called Pokemon GoS, the game is said to follow Islamic moral guidelines that would ensure that it is both safe and convenient for users, as explained by one of its initiators Muhammad Yusuf.
“Media outlets have reported the small- and large-scale impacts of playing Pokemon Go. It has also been deemed to be dangerous for those who don't pay attention to their surroundings due to being too focused on the game," said Yusuf as quoted by Antara news agency on Wednesday.
Due to such phenomena, Yusuf and another student, Adih, suggested Pokemon GoS as a safer alternative that will employ “warning” features based on Islamic values, such as signs, time, condition of places and social surroundings, and religion-related information. "Its design will look like Pokemon Go, but will be equipped with a warning system to ensure players' safeness and educate them about Islamic values."
The concept of the game reportedly won third place in the institution's 8th annual Musqabah Alquran Scientific Writing Competition this year. (mra/kes)
You might also like :
- Light cigarettes linked to specific form of lung cancer
- Chaos erupts after suspected bomb blasts strike Kampung Melayu bus terminal
- BREAKING NEWS: Police say explosions a suicide bombing
- BREAKING NEWS: Eyewitness hears "two explosions" erupt in East Jakarta
- BREAKING NEWS: Suicide bomber, policeman killed in Kampung Melayu attack: Police
- BREAKING NEWS: Explosions hit East Jakarta
- Ahok resigns as Jakarta governor
- Ahok, sex, and a ghost story of democracy
- EDITORIAL: In step with the Nazis?
- Taiwan court rules in favour of gay marriage in Asia first