University students create Islamic alternative to Pokemon Go
The Jakarta Post
Two students from the Bogor Institute of Agriculture (IPB) have come up with a concept for an online game that aims to minimize the negative effects of the widely played Pokemon Go.
Called Pokemon GoS, the game is said to follow Islamic moral guidelines that would ensure that it is both safe and convenient for users, as explained by one of its initiators Muhammad Yusuf.
“Media outlets have reported the small- and large-scale impacts of playing Pokemon Go. It has also been deemed to be dangerous for those who don't pay attention to their surroundings due to being too focused on the game," said Yusuf as quoted by Antara news agency on Wednesday.
Due to such phenomena, Yusuf and another student, Adih, suggested Pokemon GoS as a safer alternative that will employ “warning” features based on Islamic values, such as signs, time, condition of places and social surroundings, and religion-related information. "Its design will look like Pokemon Go, but will be equipped with a warning system to ensure players' safeness and educate them about Islamic values."
The concept of the game reportedly won third place in the institution's 8th annual Musqabah Alquran Scientific Writing Competition this year. (mra/kes)
You might also like :
- Obama arrives in Bali
- Media mogul declared intimidation suspect
- Indonesia's Jangkrik field’s first LNG cargo delivered
- Australia sends spy planes to south Philippines
- Former US president Obama to arrive on Bali this afternoon
- Australian citizen denied entry to Bali due to criminal record
- Property developer sees potential to build office buildings for startups in Bali
- Indonesia's upstream projects proposed for strategic project list
- No extravagant ceremony to welcome Obama: Official
- Online drivers choose to stay in Jakarta to earn more cash